Friday, January 3, 2014

Forgive Me

Life has gotten in the way of my goal for this blog.  

I originally envisioned myself eating my way through the restaurants of Paris, delighting in all the options available to someone needing to eat Gluten Free.  Hmmmm.  Not so much.  Eating Gluten Free in Paris is hard.  Even harder if you're trying to avoid Cow's Milk Dairy too.  (Which I've figured out is also giving me problems.  Hooray.)  

I got discouraged.  I got mad.  I stopped eating out.  Looking at the posts that were waiting to be published made me sad.  I JUST WANT TO EAT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES.  I felt like that for quite a few months, but I'm over it now.  Am I over that I can't eat what is on my neighbor's plate that looks ridiculously AWESOME?  Not really, but I've come to terms with the fact that if I want to be happy and healthy I need to eat according to what my body needs, and not what my eyes crave.  I know this process will continue to be hard, but I can handle it.  I have to. 

Please forgive me for neglecting this blog.  I've forgiven myself.  And please join me on reliving some great meals of the last year!  

No comments:

Post a Comment